How can I add a shared Assistant to my org chart where multiple people from different departments share one Assistant?
Create an Assistant role and have that assistant report to multiple managers.
In this example, the Engineering and Sales Departments are sharing one Executive Assistant.
- Open the org chart where you wish to add a shared assistant.
- Hover your mouse over the role card.
- Click the bottom plus sign (+) to add an assistant role.
- On the New Role screen:
- Click Assistant
- In the Role Information section -> Role Title field, type the name of the role
- Click the Enter more information link to customize the role
- In the Assistant Position section, click the right or left toggle button to select the position of the Assistant role card in your org chart
- In the Connections section -> Additional Reports field, type the name of the person that will be sharing that assistant
- In the Search People field, do one of the following:
- Type a name
- Click the New button to add a new name
- Select a name from the list that appears
- Click Save
Two departments share one assistant.
- Different role card types.
- Create a single role type.
- Create a shared role type.
- Create a location role type.
- Create an assistant role type.
- Create a department role type.
- Create a link-to-chart role type.
- How do I re-assign someone to a different role?
Having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.