Use the Shared role type for positions where there are multiple people in the same role and in the same reporting structure (Department).
In this example, we will add a Shared subordinate role in the Engineering department.
- Open the org chart where you wish to add Shared roles.
- Hover your mouse over the role card.
- Click the bottom plus sign (+) to add a Shared subordinate role.
- On the New Role screen:
- Click Shared
- In the Role Information section -> Role Title field, type the name of the role
- Click the Enter more information link to customize the role
- In the Enter Work Location section -> Department field, type the name of the department
- In the Search People field, do one of the following:
- Type a name
- Click the New button to add a new name
- Select a name from the list that appears
- Scroll down to add more people to the role (Optional). In the # of Expected Members (optional) field, type a number that represent the amount of people you intend to add to the role
- Scroll down. In the Display Direction for Shared Roles field, click the down arrow and select how you wish shared roles to appear on your chart
- Click Save
5. Edit each role to add people to the shared vacant spots.
- V7 Different role card types.
- V7 Create a single role type.
- V7 Create a location role type.
- V7 Create an assistant role type.
- V7 Create a department role type.
- V7 Create a link-to-chart role type.
- V7 How do I add a shared assistant?
- V7 How do I re-assign someone to a different role?
Having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org