Use the the Assistant role type to add an assistant to a single, shared or department role. However, typically this role is displayed as an assistant to a single role (example the department head, or a person with a single role).
In this example, we are going to add an Executive Assistant role for the CEO.
- Open the org chart where you wish to add an Assistant role.
- Hover your mouse over the role card.
- Click the bottom plus sign (+) to add a single subordinate role.
- On the New Role screen:
- Click Assistant
- In the Role Information section -> Role Title field, type the name of the role
- Click the Enter more information link to customize the role
- In the Assistant Position section, click the right or left toggle button to select the position of the Assistant role card in your org chart
- In the Enter Work Location section -> Department field, type the name of the department
- In the Search People field, do one of the following:
- Type a name
- Click the New button to add a new name
- Select a name from the list that appears
- Click Save
The CEO now has an Assistant.
- V7 Different role card types.
- V7 Create a single role type.
- V7 Create a shared role type.
- V7 Create a location role type.
- V7 Create a department role type.
- V7 Create a link-to-chart role type.
- V7 How do I add a shared assistant?
- V7 How do I re-assign someone to a different role?
Having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com