People in organizations usually have a direct reporting relationship with the person who is their direct manager.
However, at times people can also have an indirect or dotted-line reporting relationship with another manager for some portion of their work responsibilities.
To represent these kinds of situations, when you create a new role or edit an existing role card, you can add a role card that reports to a position (role), edit an existing card, and also add a dotted line / indirect reporting relationship to a different role on the chart.
In this example, we are going to have the Director of Product Management report indirectly to the VP of Worldwide Sales.
- Hover your mouse over the Director of Product Management's role card.
- Click the Edit Role icon.
3. Scroll down to the Connections section.
4. In the Additional Reports field, type the role name of the new the position.
5. Select the role.
6. Click the color palette and select a color for the dotted line.
7. In the Style field, click the down arrow and select how you would like the dotted line to appear on the org chart.
8. Click Save.
The org chart appears with the dotted line / indirect report.
Having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com