Use the Pick List custom field type to create a drop-down menu from which users can select a value.
This symbol represents the Pick List custom field type, which is a display text field.
Note: For privacy reasons, you must enable custom field information you want to display on your chart.
For a detailed description of custom fields, see V7 Working with custom fields.
In this example, we are going to add an Employee Type pick list custom field.
- From your dashboard, select an organization.
- Click the SETTINGS and FIELDS tabs.
- If you wish, you can click the Copy from another organization button to copy custom fields from a different organization that already have custom fields set up.
- Click Add New Field.
5. Select Pick List from the Do it Yourself tab.
6. Update fields in the pop-up window as follows:
- Field Name: type a name for your custom field
- Under Type, click:
- Single Pick: if the user can only select one of two values
- Multiple Pick: if the user have several options to select from
- In the Create List field, hit the Enter key after each value you type
- Field Applies to: click the Person radio button to link to a person; click the Role radio button to link to a role
- Click the Private Field toggle button to make the field Private so the field will not display on role cards. When enabled, the toggle button turns a teal colour.
Note: Private fields are only accessible by organization administrators and account owners. They will be hidden when shared with less privileged users.
- If you chose to accept the default, the field will be Public. To display Public custom fields on role cards, go to Themes > Fields to enable them.
- Click Add Field.
- To add the pick list field type to a person, see V7 Add the pick list field type to a person..
- To display the pick list field type on a role card, see V7 Display the pick list field type on a role card.
- V7 Add custom fields.
- V7 Create public and private custom fields.
- V7 Add the pick list field type to a person.
- V7 Display the pick list field type on a role card.
Having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com