In this example, we are going to add the Employee Type pick list custom field to a Customer Support Rep. in the Customer Relations department.
- Open the org chart.
- Hover your mouse over the role card where you wish to add a pick list.
- Click the Edit Role icon.
4. In the Update Role screen, click Add More Fields.
5. Select Pick List from the Do it Yourself tab.
6. Update fields in the pop-up window as follows:
- Field Name: type a name for your custom field
- Under Type, click:
- Single Pick: if the user can only select one of two values
- Multiple Pick: if the user has several options to select from
- In the Create List field, hit the Enter key after each value you type
- Field Applies to: click the Person radio button to link to a person; click the Role radio button to link to a role
- Click the Private Field toggle button to make the field Private so the field will not display on role cards. When enabled, the toggle button turns a teal color.
Note: Private fields are only accessible by organization administrators and account owners. They will be hidden when shared with less privileged users.
- If you chose to accept the default, the field will be Public. To display Public custom fields on role cards, go to Themes > Fields to enable them.
- Click Add Field.
7. The Employee type field appears. Click in the field to select a value from the drop-down list.
8. Click Save.
- Add custom fields.
- Create public and private custom fields.
- How to use the pick list custom field type.
- Display the pick list field type on a role card.
Having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.