There are two (2) ways to add data to custom fields:
- Manually, one entry at a time
- Importing a CSV or Excel file; for step by step instructions see, V7 Add custom fields to a CSV file or Excel spreadsheet.
In this example we are going to show you how to add the Skills custom field to a person in your org chart.
- If you have not already done so, create the Skills custom field. For instructions see, V7 Add custom fields.
- Open the org chart that contains the person to whom you wish to add the custom field.
- Hover your mouse over the role card.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the role.
5. In the Update Role screen > Skills field, type the accounting designation, CPA.
6. Click Save.
Note: In all cases, custom fields need to be associated with the person or the role, and are defaulted to private and not displayed unless the user changes the settings.
7. To display the custom field on the role card, click the Theme icon.
8. Select Fields.
9. Under Display Fields, put a checkmark in the Show Skills checkbox.
The CPA designation appears on the role card.
- V7 Add custom fields.
- V7 Edit custom fields.
- V7 Working with custom fields.
- V7 Create public and private custom fields.
- V7 How to display custom field tags on role cards.
Having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org