If you have several new people that have joined your organization, or you need to update information in your org chart or talent pool, go ahead and import a CSV file.
To create or update a CSV file, see V7 Create a CSV file for import.
During the import process, when Organimi finds a record with an identical email address, it will update all information for that person, such as title, department, Boss ID, etc.
If you did not define email addresses in the file, Organimi will use secondary matches such as First Name and Last Name.
- Make all necessary changes in your CSV file.
- From your organization's dashboard, click Data Import.
- Choose what you would like to create with your import.
- Select a tile. Would you like to import a chart, only roles, just people or photos?
- For video instructions on how to use the Import feature, click the link, Click here to see how to use import.
- In this example, we will import a chart. Click the IMPORT CHART tile.
- On the Begin your Import popup screen, in the Select an Organization field, click the down arrow and pick an organization.
- Click SELECT.
9. Complete all five (5) steps in this section:
- Select the CSV tile
- If you wish to import special characters, signs and fonts, click the link, Select file encoding (Optional) and select UTF8
- Click +Upload CSV
- If you have a Department column in your CSV file, in the Autobuild Department section, click to put a checkmark in the Auto insert Department roles into chart, checkbox
- Click the down arrow and select Boss ID
- In the Data Filters section, click to put a checkmark in any row to exclude rows from the file if they are not fully defined
- Click Apply Options
- In Step 4, review which columns you would like to import
- Click NEXT: VALIDATE DATA FORMAT
- If you are happy with your selections, click COMPLETE IMPORT, if not, click CANCEL IMPORT
Now that your org chart is in place, build, modify and customize your chart.
Organimi provides you with lots of step-by-step instructions, FAQs, videos, and tips for working with your chart.
For information on how to:
- Edit your chart, see Editing Chart Layout
- Share your chart, see Sharing Charts
- Print and export your chart, see Printing and Exporting
Having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com