With Organimi, importing data into your org chart or talent pool (roster) is quick and easy. Simply prepare a well structured CSV file or Excel spreadsheet containing a list of names, titles, reporting information, function, etc. and import it into your organization.
- Open an Excel spreadsheet.
- To create a Hierarchical Org Chart, the file must contain these columns (in any order):
- Create a Boss ID column that outlines reporting relationships based on IDs. Leave the Boss ID for the topmost role (e.g. CEO) blank.
This is a sample CSV file with ID and Boss ID columns. Notice that the first cell under the heading Boss ID is intentionally left blank.
- Ensure that row 1 (the top row) consist of column headings.
- Place the top role (i.e. CEO or President) in row 2 directly below the column headings.
- Ensure you include a column for the email address, as Organimi uses it as an identifier, and it is important if you wish to re-upload the CSV file again to update your Talent Pool information and chart.
- Do not leave blank rows between names.
- When individuals have a dotted line reporting relationship to someone, include a column with the heading DottedIDs and type the associated role id.
- Separate multiple role IDs in the Dottedids column with a colon.
Click File > Save As.
Type a file name, then select CSV from the Save as type drop-down.
Note: Here is a Sample CSV File that you can download and edit .
Now that you've created your CSV file, to learn how to import the file into Organimi, see V7 Import a CSV file into Organimi.
- V7 Import a CSV file into Organimi.
- V7 Create public and private custom fields.
- V7 Add custom fields to an Excel spreadsheet or CSV file.
Having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com