How to add a clickable Slack link to role cards?
You need to create the following:
- A CSV, Excel or Google Sheet import data file with a unique Slack ID for that person in the first column
- A Slack custom field
In this example, we are going to add a clickable Slack link to the CEO's role card.
- Create a csv/excel/google sheet file.
- Add an ID column and assign a unique ID.
- Follow these instructions to import the file:
- Open the org chart that contains the person on whose role card you wish to add a Slack link
- Click the Import icon
- Select the CSV, Excel or Google sheets tile
- Click +Upload Your File
- Select the file from your device
- In the Organization field, click the down arrow and select the organization in which you wish to import new data.
- Select one of the following:
- Create a New Chart
- Replace an Existing Chart
- Add or Update People Only
- Click Next.
- Click Auto-Builder Option.
- Continue as follows:
- Click the arrow next to the field, Advanced Settings for Your Additional Fields
- Put a checkmark in the Import check box
- In the Import From Spreadsheet field, type Slack
- In the Corresponding Organimi Field type Slack
- Click the down arrow and select the URL Link field type
- Click the Person radio button to assign the field to a person
- Click the Make Public toggle button to allow the field to display on your chart
- Click Done
- To enable the Slack URL so that it displays on the role card:
- Click the Themes icon
- Select Fields
- Under Display Fields, put a checkmark in the Slack URL checkbox
The Slack clickable link appears in the CEO's role card. To chat with the CEO, simply click the link and Organimi will re-direct you to Slack.
Having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com.