In this article, we will show you how to add custom field data to a CSV file or Excel spreadsheet.
This article contains the following sections:
Adding New Columns
- Open the CSV file or Excel spreadsheet.
- Add custom field names to the file as new columns.
- Name column headings using the same name as the corresponding custom field name.
- Fill in the appropriate information in the new custom field data column for each person.
- If you wish to import Skills data, to import/display a list of skills, use the Field Type tag when prompted.
- In each cell of the Skills column, if there is more than one skill, separate each skill by a colon.
7. Save and close the CSV/Excel file.
8. To learn how to save a file in a CSV file format see, Creating An Excel / CSV File For Import.
Uploading A CSV/Excel File With Custom Fields
- Open the org chart in which you wish to upload custom fields.
- Click the Roster button.
The Organization Roster appears.
3. Click the Bulk Import button to upload a CSV / Excel file with additional columns.
- Organimi automatically detects the additional column information and offers to add them as custom fields
- This saves the step of creating a new custom field, as it happens automatically through the Bulk Import process, for details see, Importing A CSV/Excel File With Custom Fields.
- Custom fields will display in your Roster and org chart when you use the Chart Formatting (A) feature to display custom fields on your chart