This help article walks you through enabling automatic role sorting options.
These are the five (5) automatic role sorting options to choose from:
- By Order set in chart
- By First Name
- By Last Name
- By Role Title
- By size of department
- The Drag & Drop function only works if you select the Order set in chart Role Sorting option
- Other automatic chart sorting options will not allow you to manually drag and drop
- Automatic role sorting options automatically sort roles alphabetically from left to right
- The By size of department sorting option sorts your chart by the size of the department, from the smallest on the left to the largest on the right
1. Open the Chart where you wish to sort roles.
2. Click the Settings icon.
3. From the pop-up menu, select Chart Settings.
The Chart Property screen appears.
4. Select Chart Display.
The Chart Display screen appears.
a. In the Role Sorting field, select the sorting method.
b. Click the SAVE button when finished.
To manually adjust the order, from the Role Sorting field, select Order set in
chart. You can now manually order roles by dragging and dropping or by adding
roles to the left/right when building your chart.
If importing your file, the order is set by the order in the file (top to bottom in the
file equals left to right on the chart).