Organimi now has integration with Azure Active Directory (AD) to assist you with the import of members of your organization! All of the member's information including their Picture, Name, Title, Department, Email, Manager's name, etc. can be imported into Organimi. The Manager's field information on a User's AD profile will be used to build the structure of your org chart for you automatically!!!
Note: You must be an “Administrator in Active Directory” to be able to use this feature of importing members into Organimi from your Active Directory.
To import your members into Organimi, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure account.
- Click on Azure Active Directory at the left, then click Users.
Now all users are displayed:
- Select the first user profile and ensure the Manager field is populated.
Continue to check all of the user profiles to ensure all appropriate fields are populated, such as Name, Picture, Email, Job Title, Department, and Manager, etc.
- Log in to Organimi, and select A. the Organimi logo at the top left to get to the main dashboard, B. select the Integrations tab, then select C. Configure.
- OR -
From chart view or the dashboard, click Bulk Import. Choose A. Integrate with another system, then B. Configure.
- Click to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Enable the checkbox Consent on behalf of your organization, then click Accept.
You are then returned back to Organimi.
Based on a quick scan of available data, only the relevant import options are presented including:
- Active Directory Users (with Auto Chart Builder capability)
Note: In Active Directory each user can have a ‘Manager’ set. If “Manager Data” exists is defined (populated), the “Automatically Build Chart” option will appear.Active Directory Users (with Auto Chart Builder capability)
- Contacts from Microsoft account if the user has any
- People from Microsoft account if the user has any
- Choose A. Active Directory Users, then B. *Automatically Build a Chart.
Click Next. The system reads all the data from Microsoft and makes/validates the chart data to ensure a complete chart structure. An error message about the chart structure is displayed if there is a problem with the structure. If there is, you can uncheck "Automatically Build Chart" and import just the member profiles, or you can go back to Active Directory and correct as needed.
The org chart names and other roster information including photos are imported.
Here's a quick video: