Once you have created your org chart, you have the ability to change how the boxes and information are displayed. Note that this feature is included in any of the Organimi paid plans.
To change the style and font of an org chart:
- Go to the org chart that you wish to change.
- Click on the Chart Formats A icon.
The Format Your Chart dialog box appears.
- In the Format Your Chart dialog, modify the formatting easily using this "simple formatting" layout. Use the sliders to turn on/off the display of information, and change the colours as desired. Click "Add More Fields" to add additional fields.
A. Click to change the Photo location and settings.
B. Click to change the colour of the text in the field.
C. Click the arrow to move the field down or up a level, to change the order of the fields.
D. Click the drop-down to change the text font size.
E. Click the toggle slider to remove/add a field from being displayed in the org chart.
F. Click the drop-down to change the connector line thickness.
G. Click to change the connector line colour.
H. Scroll down to see the role box borders / role box width options.
I. Click Advanced Formatting for more formatting options such as text font (bold, etc.), and to make changes by role type. Click Save Format when done.
Or, click the New Format button at the top to create a new custom format, then make the desired changes. Click here to read the help article on Creating a New Custom Format.
- Click Done if changes are completed, or click Advanced Formatting to jump to the Edit Format dialog box, where you can choose the size/location of the member photo. You can also turn on/off Auto Box Heights, and change card properties. Add, remove, or drag to re-order fields under Field Properties, as well as change the font size and color. Click the x beside a field to remove it from the display.
- Click the different role types at the top to adjust the styles of the various role types, i.e. Single, Shared, Assistant, Department, Location.
- Once you are done changing the formatting for each role type, rename the custom format in the field at the bottom if you like.
- When finished, click the blue Save Format button.
- Your format is saved and applied to your org chart. You can switch the format to a different one anytime, by clicking the A button, then choosing a different format.