By default, an org chart is set to Private accessibility, however, you can choose to share an org chart with select individuals by inviting them via email to create an Organimi account and giving them ability to view only, or edit your charts.
Note that in a paid account, you also have the option to share your org charts via URL link or iFrame embed without requiring users to create an Organimi account. Click here for details.
To share your org chart:
- Go to your org chart by clicking on Org Charts from the left navigation pane and clicking on the name of the org chart you wish to share.
- At the top of the org chart view, click on the Share icon.
The Share Settings dialog box appears.
3. In the Share Settings dialog box, under Email addresses to send invite to view or edit the org chart within Organimi, enter the email address(es) of the people to which you wish to share the org chart.
4. Choose from the drop-down on the right whether this person Can View or Can Edit the chart.
5. Click the Share Chart with Emails button.
An email will automatically be sent to the person you invited to view/edit your org chart. See the example of an email below:
The email recipient can sign in to their Organimi account, or register for an account if they don't yet have an Organimi account, and then click Shared With Me in the left navigation pane to view the org chart.
Here's a quick video:
Note: To email a public link that would be viewable by anyone and without having to login to Organimi, read about sharing a public link, available in a paid plan.
If you wish to share ALL of your org charts with someone and give them full editing rights (except for deleting an org chart) you may wish to consider adding an Administrator to your org chart.