You can add a role box that reports to a position (role), and then also has a dotted line reporting relationship to a different position (role).
To add a dotted line to a box:
- Go to the Org Chart where you wish to add the new role.
- Hover over a role box, and click on the plus sign (+) where you wish to add the new role box.
The New Role dialog box appears (below).
3. Enter the Role Title (the title of the position) in the first field, then choose a Role Type, i.e. Assistant.
4. In the Assign Members to Role field, begin to enter a first and last name. Select the name as it appears in the drop down list, i.e. Veronica Vector.
5. Click in the Role also Reports To box, and enter the role that this position also reports to, i.e. CEO.
Then either press the Enter key or click on the role as it appears in the drop down. More Roles can be added into the Role also Reports To field.
6. When you are finished, click Create Role.
Here's a quick video: