Use the Department role type to display a department name in a role box above the department members, and an orange border surrounding department members.
To display a department grouping:
- Go to the org chart where you wish to add the department role.
- Hover over a role box, and click on the plus sign (+) where you wish to add the new Department role.
The New Role dialog box then appears (below).Note: When creating a department after all members have been added, add the Department role above the top level member of the department.
- Click in the second field Role Type, and choose Department from the drop down.
- In the first field Role Title, enter the name of the department, i.e. Customer Support.
- Click the blue Create Role button.
A department role box appears at the top, and an orange border appears surrounding the members.
Here is a quick video on how to create the Department Role type: