Prior to adding a role, ensure that you have completed the steps: (1) Creating an Organization, (2) Add Members to an Organization Roster, and (3) Building Your Org Chart.
To Add a Role to an Org Chart:
- Click on the organization name in the left navigation pane: i.e. Zengario.
- Click on Org Charts, then select the org chart to which you wish to add the role. If you have not yet created an Org Chart, then complete step (3) Building your Org Chart.
- If this is the very first box of the org chart, click Create Role. If roles already exist, then simply hover over an existing org chart member (role box), and then you can do one of the following:
- Click on the + sign that appears at the bottom of the box to add a subordinate, or
- Click the + sign that appears to the left or right of the role to add "colleagues" to the left or right of the role.
A new role dialog box appears.
4. Enter the Role Title, and Role Type (click here for what each role type means).
5. Under Assign Members to Role, click the down arrow to show the roster of names you added,
or, begin to type the name of the member, then click the name to select it.
Or, if it's a brand new member you are adding, simply type the new name, then click the orange "New" option that appears just below the field after you have typed the name.
6. When you are finished, click the Create Role button at the bottom.
Here is a quick video on how to add a new role to an Organimi Org Chart: