Save time creating your org chart by using a file containing an existing list of names, titles, reporting information, etc.
Before you start importing:
- You must have an Organization created before you can begin the import process. Complete the steps listed in (1) Creating an Organization.
- To import a list of your members to an organization roster, the file must be in CSV format. Click here to learn how to create a CSV file from Excel
- We recommend using the first three columns in your CSV file as ID, First Name and Last Name. The order for the rest of the columns does not impact the import.
To Import an Employee Directory from a CSV File:
- Click on the IMPORT icon at the top left of the screen.
- From the Import Team List tab, select the option Employee Directory in Step b.
- In step c. select the Choose File button, then navigate to and select the CSV file.
For step d. Select the column names…, the fields may automatically pre-fill detecting the column headings within your file. If they don't pre-fill click the Select a column drop-down that appears to choose an existing column name contained within the CSV file.
Note: You may not make your own manual entry into the fields in step d.
- Click the green Begin Import button.
- When the file has been uploaded, a pop up box will appear with the number of members found in the CSV file. If it looks correct, click OK.
An Import Successful message appears.
- Click View Organization Roster under Import Successful!, to view the roster you just imported.
Note: You can also click on Organization Roster in the left navigation pane.
- As you have now added all the members, you can now advance to (3) Building Your Org Chart.
Here is a quick video of how to import your employee member roster from a CSV file: