An iFrame (Inline Frame), allows you to embed content from another site inside your web page. Embed Organimi Org Charts into any web page by simply copying and pasting the iFrame embed code. Now, you may customize the iFrame embedded org chart, so that viewers can toggle to Photoboard or Directory view and also search, print, or export the org chart.
To view an example of an embedded Organimi chart, click here.
To embed an org chart on any web page:
- Login to Organimi at https://v5.organimi.com.
- Navigate to your organization, then click on the org chart you wish to embed.
- Click on the Share & Embed icon located on the top toolbar.
The Embed Chart dialog box appears.
- Click Embed from the menu.
The Embed Chart window appears.
- For security purposes, and only if your org chart is set to Private, click in the field under Enter domain name where you wish to embed and enter the desired URL / domain where you wish to embed your org chart (therefore, the embedded org chart will only be visible to 'authorized domains' listed in this field). Click Add Domain.
For example, see the picture below, the domain entered is: v5.organimi.com.
- Click Select Embed Options>>.
- Select how the chart should look when first viewed. Select a custom format instead of Default format if you wish, and whether you want people to see the Chart, Directory, or Photoboard. Enter the top level and initial chart display. Select which tools will be available to the viewers of the iFrame embedded chart.
- Click <<Go Back.
- Click Copy Embed Code to the Clipboard.
- Click the blue Save Embed button. The Embed Chart window closes.
- Go to the location at the destination web page and paste (press Ctrl + V) the iFrame embed code you copied above to the desired location.
Depending on the settings chosen, the viewer of the iFrame embedded chart can change the view to Photoboard, Directory, or Chart, and also sort, search, print, export, and share the chart.
Here's a quick video on how to enter a URL, change the initial settings/tools, and copy the iFrame embed code of the chart:
Note: Populating the Enter Domain / URL field is not required if your org chart is set to Public. IFrame embedding is a paid plan feature.