Creating an Org Chart by importing data is the simple process of importing a well-structured Excel or CSV file (indicating reporting relationships) into Organimi. The result of the import is an automatically generated Org Chart!
Before you start importing:
- Prepare an Excel or Excel CSV file. Click here to learn how to create a properly structured CSV file from Excel.
- To create a Hierarchical Org Chart by import, the Excel / CSV file must have the first 3 columns listed with the order ID, First Name, Last Name, and also, must contain an ID and Boss ID column which outlines the reporting relationships based on the ID's. The Boss ID for the topmost role (i.e. CEO) must be left blank.
A sample of a CSV file with ID and Boss ID columns:
To Create an Org Chart by Importing an Excel or CSV file:
- After you have created a free account and logged in for the first time at https://v5.organimi.com/login, you are prompted with tips on how to get started. At your first- time login, you can click Import Existing Data at the Welcome screen.
If it's not your first login, you can click the desired Organization at the left, then click the Bulk Import button.
- Click the middle option Roster + Chart displayed below, then click Next.
- Drag the Excel or CSV file onto the Drag and Drop gray tile, or click the gray tile to navigate to the file, then double-click to select it.
- Review and select all Column names that match the corresponding field data names. Click Next.
- Review the data that appears:
- Click Finish.
Your org chart appears with a confirmation message at the bottom of the screen in black:
The org chart generated will be named "Import" with the date and time the Excel / CSV file was imported.
To update your chart and member information:
Modify the Excel or CSV file, then import it again, choosing the "Overwrite Existing" option from the drop-down.
Note: If you prefer to create an org chart one box at a time, entering the names / titles (roles) yourself, then click here for instructions.
- For a detailed sample Excel / CSV file with assigned ID and Boss ID, download the file below. You can use the file as a template for your own organization. Just enter your own data following the conventions and format in the sample file.
Here's a quick video: