In this article, you will follow step-by-step instructions to create an Org Chart by importing data. The result is an automatically generated Org Chart!
Here's a quick video:
- Prepare a well-structured Excel or CSV file. For details see, Creating an Excel / CSV File for Import.
- To create a Hierarchical Org Chart, the Excel / CSV file must contain these columns (in any order):
. First Name
. Last Name
3. Create a Boss ID column that outlines reporting relationships based on ID's.
4. Leave the Boss ID for the topmost role (i.e. CEO) blank.
A sample CSV file with ID and Boss ID columns.
5. From your organization's dashboard, click the BULK IMPORT button.
The Import Members and Roles screen appears.
a. Click the Roster + Chart button.
b. Click Import a new chart.
c. Drag and Drop the Excel/CSV file into the grey box or click the gray tile to select the file
from your computer.
Note: If you are importing a CSV file containing special characters or symbols with encoding,
click, Select file encoding >>ISO-8859-1.
d. Click the Next button.
The Review Members and Roles screen appears.
a. Review and select all Column names that match the corresponding field data names.
Note: If you have added additional columns to your Excel/.csv file, you are then asked if you
wish to add them as custom fields. For details see, Importing A CSV/Excel File With Custom
b.. Click the Next button.
The Finish Members and Roles screen appears.
6. Click the Finish button.
Your Org Chart appears with a confirmation message at the bottom of the screen.
Note: The Org Chart is named Import with the date and time the Excel / CSV file was imported. You can change the name to something meaningful. For details see, Changing The Name Of An Org Chart.