By default, an org chart you create is set to Private. You can change the accessibility setting of the org chart to Public, and then send a public link to your org chart to colleagues and friends without requiring them to create an Organimi account. The org chart can be viewed by anyone who has the link.
To share the public URL link to your org chart:
- Go to your org chart by clicking on Org Charts from the left navigation pane, then click the name of the org chart you wish to share with a link.
- At the top of the org chart view, click on the Share icon. Note: This appears on a paid plan.
- Click Public Link from the menu that appears.
- If this pop-up prompt appears, click Make Chart Public.
- Select Chart Permissions at the left, then choose the Public option.
- A message appears: Are you sure you want to change the access permissions? Click Save as Public.
- Click Generate Public Link.
- In the Get Public Link dialogue box, select the desired options for how the chart should look when first viewed, and which tools you would like to be available to the recipient. Click Next.
- Copy the link to the org chart provided, and paste it into a new email.
- OR -
Alternatively, under "Emails" enter the email address of the person to whom you wish to send the link, then press Enter. Continue to enter more email addresses as desired, then click Send Email with Public Link.
Note: Anyone who receives this public link can view the org chart. Depending on the user access tools you chose in step 8., recipients may also be able to toggle the view, print, or export the information to pdf, png, or a CSV file.
10. When finished, click X to close the Get Public Link dialog box.
Note: Here's an example of the email the recipient will receive containing the public link:
The recipient clicks Check it out! to launch the chart.
Click here to view an example of an Organimi org chart shared publicly.
If you wish to share an org chart to allow editing, click Sharing an Org Chart with Other People.
Note: Sharing a Public Link to an org chart is a paid plan feature. Also, the recipients to the public link can view, but not edit the org chart.
You can also iFrame embed your chart on a website.