You can embed an org chart within an org chart in Organimi. For example, suppose you have a Satellite Office you wish to depict with an icon in your chart. Also, there is a "Go To Chart" option button on the embedded chart icon, which allows you to jump to the embedded chart.
Note: Create two separate org charts before you begin.
To add an embedded org chart role:
- Navigate to the org chart to edit.
- Hover over a role box, and click the plus sign (+) on the side where you wish to add the embedded org chart.
The dialog box appears (below).
- Under Role Type, choose Embedded from the drop-down menu.
The window will change slightly and the Role Title field will disappear.
- A. Under Embedded chart name, enter the exact name of the chart you wish to embed.
B. Click to choose a color as desired.
- Click the blue Save button.
A new role box appears, within which the org chart is embedded.
Note: To view and edit the embedded chart, hover the mouse over the embedded chart node and click the Go to Chart option (shown below) to jump to the embedded org chart.
Here's a quick video:
To incorporate the embedded chart into the main chart, click the button with the 3 dots on the embedded chart icon, then click Remove link and insert chart here. The embedded chart icon is then replaced with the sub chart, in effect "merging" the two charts together.