Use the Department role type to display a department name in a role box above the department members, and an an option to have a border surrounding department members.
To display a department grouping:
- Go to the org chart where you wish to add the department role.
- Hover over a role box, and click on the plus sign (+) where you wish to add the new Department role.
The New Role dialog box then appears (below).Note: When creating a department after all members have been created, add the Department role above the top level member of the department.
- From the role type drop-down, select the Role Type: Department.
- Under Role Title, enter the name of the department, i.e. Marketing.
Choose a role color as desired, then click the Apply to Subchart slider to apply the color to the subchart.
- Click the blue Save button.
A department role box appears at the top of the tree branch to distinguish the department.
Continue to add more Single or other members under the department role box.
- If you wish to have a border appear around the department, click Settings, Chart Settings.
- Choose the Chart Display tab at the left, and enable Show Border around Departments.
- Click Save.
Here is a quick video on how to create the Department Role Type: