You can add a role box that reports to a position (role), and then also has a dotted line reporting relationship to a different position (role).
To add a dotted line to a box:
- Navigate to the Org Chart where you wish to add the new role.
- Hover over a role box, and click on the plus sign (+) where you wish to add the new role box.
Alternatively, click the role actions button (3 dots) then click edit role.
The New Role dialog box appears (below).
3. Select the new role type.
4. Enter the Role Title (the title of the position) in the first field, then choose a Role Type, i.e. Assistant.
5. Click Advanced Settings to expand the dialog box in order to view the Dotted Reports field.
6. Under Dotted Reports, enter the name of the person with which this member has a dotted line reporting relationship. Continue to edit this member's information as desired.
7. Click Save.
Here's a quick video: