You can add a role box that reports to a position (role), and then also has a dotted line / indirect reporting relationship to a different position (role).
To add dotted line reporting to a role box:
- Navigate to the Org Chart where you wish to add the new role.
- Hover over a role box, and click on the plus sign (+) where you wish to add the new subordinate role box.
Alternatively, to edit an existing role, click the Role Actions button (3 dots) then click Edit Role.
- (a) Select the role type for this new role from the drop-down, i.e. Single.
(b) Enter the Role Title (the title of new the position), etc. as required.
(c) Under Dotted Reports click in the field, then begin to type the job title of the role to which this member has a dotted line / indirect reporting relationship.
A search for the matching job title is automatically conducted and attempts to autocomplete the title. To quickly populate the field, click the correct title as it autocompletes just below the field.
- Choose a color for the dotted line.
- Click Save.
The org chart appears with the dotted line to the position entered in step 3(c), see below:
Note: When you click on a role box, the list of Reports appears in the right-dock profile card, including Dotted Reports which are surrounded by a dotted line.
Note: If you are importing data and wish to include dotted line reporting relationships, format the excel or .csv file as the following with the "DottedIDs" column of the individual (role) containing the matching id. For more information on importing, click here.
To change the settings to either show or hide the dotted lines in your org chart:
1. Click Settings (the wheel), then choose Chart Settings.
2. Then choose Chart Display and change the Dotted report display options, color, and line style.
3. When finished changing the options, click Save.
Here's a quick video: