Once you have created a custom field in Organimi, you can now add data to the new custom field.
There are two ways to add data to custom fields:
A. Add custom field data manually one entry at a time, or;
B. Add custom field data by importing a CSV file.
A. To add custom field data manually one entry at a time:
- Locate the member in your org chart to which you wish to add the data.
- Hover the mouse over the member, then click the Edit button (icon with 3 dots).
- Click Edit Role.
- Click the pencil icon beside the member's name to add data on a member field.
- Enter or change the custom field information for the member.
Note: To add custom field information relating to the role, click More Fields and enter the required data.
- Click Save.
Here's a quick video:
- OR -
B. To add the custom field data to a CSV file, then import the file:
- Open the CSV file (or Excel spreadsheet), and add the custom field names to the file as new columns. Enter the column headings using the same name as the corresponding custom field name.
- Fill in the appropriate information in the new custom field data column for each person.
3. Save and close the CSV file. To learn how to save in a CSV file format, click here.
4. Click the orange Bulk Import button at the top left.
5. Click on the People (Roster) button.
6. Click Next.
7. Drag and drop a CSV file onto the grey "Drag and Drop a CSV..." tile at the bottom of the screen.
8. The field names that match the column headings of your roster list are automatically pre-filled.
Use the drop-downs to change the entry to a different column heading if required.
Note: You may not make your own manual entry into the fields.
9. Click Next.
10. The file has been uploaded, now review the list of names that appears.
11. Click the blue Finish button.
A message appears at the bottom confirming the number of records imported.
For more ideas on custom fields, click here for an article, and scroll down to view a list.