This help article will walk you through adding data to a custom field that you created.
There are two (2) ways to add data to custom fields:
- Manually, one entry at a time
- Importing a CSV or Excel file
Manually Adding Data To A Custom Field
- Locate the member in your Org Chart to which you wish to add data.
- Hover the mouse over the member, then click the Edit button (icon with 3 dots).
A drop-down menu appears.
3. Click Edit Role.
The Edit Role screen appears.
a. Click the Pencil icon beside the member's name to add data.
b. Enter new details or change existing custom field information.
c. Click the +Add Custom Fields link to add more custom fields.
d. Click the SAVE button.
Here's a quick video:
Adding Custom Field Data To A CSV/Excel File
- Use the Bulk Import feature to re-upload a CSV / Excel file with additional columns
- Organimi automatically detects the additional column information and offers to add them as custom fields to be displayed in your Roster and Org Chart (Use the Chart Formatting (A) feature to display custom fields)
- This saves the step of creating a new custom field, as it happens automatically through the Bulk Import process (See the section below, Importing A CSV/Excel File)
- Open the CSV file or Excel spreadsheet).
- Add the custom field names to the file as new columns.
- Enter the column headings using the same name as the corresponding custom field name.
- Fill in the appropriate information in the new custom field data column for each person.
If you wish to import Skills data, use the Field Type Tag when prompted to import/display a list of skills.
In the CSV/Excel file cell containing the Skills column, if there is more than one skill, separate each skill by a colon.
5. Save and close the CSV/Excel file. To learn how to save a file in a CSV file format, see Creating An Excel / CSV File For Import.
Importing A CSV/Excel File
- Open the Chart into which you wish to import custom fields.
- Click the Bulk Import button.
The Import Members and Roles screen appears.
a. Click the People (Roster) or Chart + People (Roster) button.
b. Do one (1) of the following:
. Drag and drop a CSV or Excel file onto the grey Drag and Drop a CSV... area
. Click the Drag and Drop a CSV... area, browse for the CSV/Excel file, then double-click
the file to select it.
Organimi automatically updates the field names that match the column headings of your Roster list.
3. Click the drop-down arrow to change the entry to a different column heading, if required.
You cannot make your own manual entry into the fields.
4. If you added additional columns to your CSV file, these are automatically detected.
You are then asked if you wish to add them as custom fields.
5. Click the ADD FIELDS NOW button to accept.
6. Click the Settings icon beside each custom field and choose your options, i.e. Field Type Tags.
a. Choose the appropriate Field Type, i.e. Numbers if you are importing a numbers column, Text to import text, etc.
b. If the field you are importing is a custom tag field, change the Field Type to Tags. Use
custom tag fields to display multiple variables, i.e. Skills: SQL:Python: Sharepoint.
c. In the Fields Applies to field, click the appropriate radio button.
d. If you wish the field to be Private ( The field will only be accessible by the organization
administrators and account owners), click the Private Field slider to enable it.
e. Click the SAVE FIELD button.
f. Click the ADD NOW button.
You are returned to the Import Members and Roles screen.
7. Click the NEXT button.
8. The file has been uploaded, review the list of names that appear.
9. Click the FINISH button.
A message appears confirming the number of records imported.
To have custom fields appear in the Org Chart (Skills, Hobbies, text or tag fields you imported using the Bulk Import feature), see Create A Custom Format With Custom Fields,
Here is an example of an Org Chart with a Smart Legend, and Custom tag fields showing programming skills, etc.
Here's a quick video:
For more ideas on custom fields, view a list of Blog articles here