Save time creating your org chart by using a file containing an existing list of names, titles, reporting information, etc.
Before you start importing:
- To import a list of your members to an organization roster, the file must be in CSV format. Click here to learn how to create a CSV file from Excel
- We recommend using the first three columns in your CSV file as ID, First Name, and Last Name. The order for the rest of the columns does not impact the import.
To Import an Employee Directory from a CSV File:
- Login to your Organimi account at https://v5.organimi.com.
- Click Import a Chart.
- OR -
If you are clicked in your chart, click the orange Bulk Import button.
- Click on the People (Roster) button.
- Click Next.
- Drag and drop a CSV file onto the grey "Drag and Drop a CSV..." tile at the bottom of the screen.
The field names that match the column headings of your roster list are automatically pre-filled.
Use the drop-downs to change the entry to a different column heading if required.
Note: You may not make your own manual entry into the fields.
The file has been uploaded, now review the list of names that appears.
Click the blue Finish button.
A message appears at the bottom of the screen confirming the number of members imported.
- As you have now added all the members, you can now advance to (3) Building Your Org Chart.
Note: If your roster (member) information or chart structure needs changes, you can modify the CSV file, and upload it again. Click here for instructions.
Here is a quick video of how to import your employee member roster from a CSV file: