Save time creating your org chart by using a file containing an existing list of names, titles, reporting information, etc.
Before you start importing:
- To import a list of your members to an organization roster, the file must be in CSV or Excel format. Click here to learn how to create a properly formatted Excel or CSV file.
- We recommend using the first three columns in your CSV file as ID, First Name, and Last Name. The order for the rest of the columns does not impact the import.
To Import an Employee Directory from an Excel or CSV File:
- Login to your Organimi account at https://v5.organimi.com.
- Click the Organimi logo at the top left corner, then choose the desired organization. Then choose Bulk Import at the right.
- OR -
If you are clicked in your chart, click the orange Bulk Import button.
- Click on the People (Roster) button.
- Click Next.
- Drag and drop a CSV file onto the grey "Drag and Drop a CSV..." tile at the bottom of the screen.
[Note: Or, if you are importing a CSV file containing special characters/symbols which was saved with an encoded format to accommodate this, then choose "Select file encoding >>ISO-8859-1" shown below.]
The field names that match the column headings of your roster list are automatically pre-filled.
Use the drop-downs to change the entry to a different column heading if required.
Note: You may not make your own manual entry into the fields.
If you have added additional columns to your Excel/.csv file, these are detected.
You are then asked if you wish to add them as custom fields:
Click Add Fields Now to accept.
The Review New Fields to Add dialog appears.
Click the wheel at the right to choose the settings.
Choose the settings for the new field.
Choose the appropriate field type, i.e. Text if importing text, Numbers if you are importing a numbers column, etc. Change the Field Type to Tags, if the field you are importing is a custom tag field. A custom tag field can be used to display multiple variables, i.e. Skills: SQL:Python:Sharepoint. In the csv/Excel file cell containing the skill, if there is more than one skill, ensure each skill is separated by a colon.
Proceed to select the desired options, such as does this custom field apply to the Member/Person or the Role (Job), then click Save Field. Click Add Now.
- Click Next.
The file has been uploaded, and you can review the list of names that appear.
Click the blue Finish button.
A message appears at the bottom of the screen confirming the number of members imported.
- As you have now added all the members, you can now advance to (3) Building Your Org Chart.
Note: To have custom fields appear in your org chart, add them using the Chart Format (A) button.
Note: If your roster (member) information or chart structure needs changes, you can modify the Excel or CSV file, and upload it again. Click here for instructions.
Here is a quick video of how to import your employee member roster from an Excel or CSV file: