At account login, you have entered your organization name.
Within Organimi, there are 2 ways to add members to an organization roster:
A. Manually add roster members one at a time, or
B. Import an existing list of names to the roster (CSV file).
A. To Manually Add Roster Members One at a Time:
- If you have more than one organization, choose the organization under which you wish to create the org chart.
- Click Last Chart or click the chart to which you wish to add members.
- Click the blue Add Member button.
The Member Details dialog box appears.
4. Enter the team member's information and click the blue Save button at the bottom.
5. Repeat steps 3. and 4. to continue adding members.
6. Once you are finished adding members, advance to the final step (3) Building Your Org Chart.
B. To Import an Existing List of Names to the Roster:
In addition to manually adding team members one at a time, you have the option of importing your member roster from a CSV file that contains names and other pertinent org chart information.
NOTE: Review and complete the following checklist before you begin the import:
- You must have first completed step (1) Creating an Organization;
- You have created a properly formatted CSV file from an Excel list of names.
(Note: Click here to follow the instructions for creating a well-structured CSV file)
To Import a CSV file (Existing List of Names in Excel) to Your Roster:
- Choose the organization and then chart (last chart or select another chart) to which you wish to add members.
- Click the orange Bulk Import button at the left of the screen.
- Select either List of People (Roster) (to import the list of member names), or Roster + Chart (to import names plus reporting relationship information residing in the csv file in order to have the chart automatically generate).
- Drag and drop the CSV file onto the grey Drag and Drop tile that appears at the bottom, or click the grey tile, then browse and select the file.
A note appears indicating how many records were found in the file. The fields may automatically pre-fill detecting the column headings within your file. If they don't pre-fill click the drop-down that appears to choose an existing column name (which is the column heading contained within the CSV file).
Note: You may not make your own manual entry into the fields.
- Click the blue Next button.
- When the file has been uploaded, the list of names appears for your review.
- Click the blue Finish button.
- A message appears at the bottom of the screen.
As you have now added all the members, you can now advance to (3) Building Your Org Chart.
Here is a quick video of how to import your member roster from a well-structured CSV file:
Once your CSV file has been imported:
- If in step 3. you chose "List of People (Roster)", then proceed to the final step (3) Building Your Org Chart.
- If in step 3. you chose "Roster + Chart", then navigate to your automatically generated org chart.
Note: Based on your plan, there may be a limit to the number of members imported/created in your roster.