Here's a quick video:
This article contains the following sections:
NOTE: Before you can build an org chart, you need to complete these steps:
Alternatively, you can save time by automatically generating an org chart:
Organimi org charts are role-based, so you can set up the role structure and assign members to the role.
Manually Building Your Org Chart
- From your dashboard:
a. Select your organization.
b. Click the +New Chart button.
The New Chart window appears.
Note: Here you have two options, you can build your chart using a predefined template or
2. To create your org chart from scratch, in the Chart Type section, click the :
a. Traditional Org Chart radio button to build a traditional chart.
b. Matrix Org Chart radio button to build a matrix chart.
3. In the Chart Name field, type the name of your new chart.
4. To build your chart using a template, click the Browse Templates link.
The Select Chart Template screen appears.
5. Scroll down to view a variety of templates.
6. Click the Create Chart button.
Adding Roles To Your Chart
1. To add your first role:
a. If you have names entered into your roster, click the Roster button, OR
b. Click the Create Your First Role button.
The Add Role screen appears.
2. Click the drop-down menu to select a Role Type.
3. In the Role Title field, type the role title.
4. In the Assign Members section, type a name in the search box or click the +New button to add a
member to the role.
5. Add as many details as you wish.
6. Click the Save button when done.
Adding Colleagues and Subordinates
- To create the person reporting to your first role, hover over the role that you just created, and you will see a + sign at the bottom of the box. Click on the + sign to add a subordinate.
2. Drag roster members from the left roster panel to the edge of the role box to add more roles.
3. Fill in any required information relating to the role.
4. When you have more than one role created, continue to add subordinates below the role box, or
colleagues to the right or left of the role box.
5. Continue adding roles to complete your org chart.
- For an explanation of the various role types, see Using Different Role Types in Organimi
- Only one org chart is supported for free subscriptions. To create more than one org chart, please upgrade your account by clicking your name at the top right, then click My Account/Profile > Modify License/Plan.
- Should you wish to start over with your free account, you can do so by deleting your org chart.
- You can also create a spreadsheet of your member roster with a Reports To, or Boss ID field and import a Hierarchical Org Chart, which will automatically produce your org structure
- For details on importing an org chart see, Importing An Employee Roster.