Here's a quick video:
NOTE: Before proceeding to build an org chart, you need to have completed the steps of (1) Creating an Organization, and also (2) Adding Members to an Organization Roster. Or, alternatively complete (1) Creating an Organization, and advance directly to Creating a Chart by Importing Data which may save you time by auto-generating the org chart.
Organimi org charts are role-based, so you can set up the role structure and assign the members to the role.
To Build an Org Chart Manually:
- Log in to Organimi.
- A. Click the drop-down at the top left corner, B. Choose the organization, then C. Click New Chart.
Or, click the Organimi logo at the top left to view the main dashboard, choose the desired organization at the left, then click the blue New Chart button at the right.
- Select a template as desired from the list of templates:
A default name of today's date appears as your new chart's name.
(A) Change the Chart Name, as desired;
(B) Change the Template as desired from the drop-down;
(C) Click Create Chart
- When starting with a blank chart, click the orange Create First Role button that appears.
In the New Role dialog box:
(A) Select the desired Role Type from the drop-down, i.e. Single;
(B) Enter the Role Title;
(C) Begin to enter the name or leave it blank;
(D) Select the suggested name if it's accurate.
Note: Under the heading "Search roster to attach member", while you are entering a name, if a matching name is found in the roster, the field tries to autocomplete the name below. If the suggested name is correct, click the suggested name below to populate the field.
If you are typing a new name (not in the roster), then click the orange New button that appears to add the name to the roster.
Click the blue Save button at the bottom.
To create the person reporting to your first role, hover over the role that you just created, and you will see a + sign at the bottom of the box. Click on the + sign to add a subordinate.
Fill in the dialog as required.
Tip: If you have names entered into your roster, ensure that you can see your roster by clicking on the orange 3 people button at the left.
Tip: Drag roster members from the left roster panel to the edge of the role box in your org chart to add more roles. Fill in any required information relating to the role. This will save you time building your org chart.
- Once you have more than one role created, continue to add subsequent roles as "subordinates" below the role box, or "colleagues" to the right or left of the role box.
- Continue to add roles as necessary to complete your org chart.
Here's a quick video:
- For an explanation of the various role types, see the "Using Different Role Types in Organimi" section of the v5 help articles.
- Only one (1) Org Chart is supported for free subscriptions. To create more than one org chart, please upgrade your account by clicking your name at the top right, then click My Account/Profile, Modify License/Plan at the left.
- Should you wish to start over with your free account, you can do so by deleting your org chart.
- You can also create a spreadsheet of your member roster with a Reports To, or Boss ID field and import a Hierarchical Org Chart, which will automatically produce your org structure for you (saving you from performing the steps in this section: (3) Building an Org Chart). Click here for more details on how to import a hierarchical org chart using Option B.